Updated: December, 2019
“Education Partners” means: a.) NURU Health Institute or its subsidiaries and affiliates including companies or institutions that NURU Health Institute or its subsidiaries and affiliates may be providing educational or other related services to under contract; and b.) Third-party companies who may participate in various initiatives of NURU Health Institute (e.g., potential managers of affairs).
“Business Associates” means third-party service providers which NURU Health Institute may contract with to provide services on behalf of the Institute, including but not limited to: Social Networking, hosting, web analytics, Online Advertising, lead generation, educational, professional, or financial services.
“Site” or “Sites” means websites, Apps and Wi-Fi services operated by or exclusively on behalf of NURU Health Institute, regardless of domain name or IP address.
“Information” means any Information collected and includes: “Personal Information,” “Financial Information,” “Web Analytical Information” or any other Information collected from you through our Sites.
“Personal Information” means Information that may be used, alone or in combination, to identify a specific individual and includes Financial Information.
“Financial Information” means specific Personal Information of a financial nature such as your credit card number.
“Web Analytical Information” means Internet-generated Information collected when you visit the Sites or open emails sent by the Institute. This Information may be linked with Personal Information. When linked with other Information identifying you personally, either alone or in combination with other Information, then such Information also will be considered Personal Information.
“Unrelated Entities” means third-parties that are not Education Partners and who are not providing services as Business Associates but may serve interests with decisions of the Institute.
“Apps” means software and mobile applications which may be downloaded to your personal computer or mobile device.
“Do Not Track” or “DNT” means a browser based signal that, when set, signifies an Internet user’s desire not to be tracked online.
“Online Advertising” means the collection of data from a particular computer or device regarding web-viewing behaviors over time for the purpose of using such data to assess and deliver advertising to that computer or device based on the preferences or interests inferred from such web-viewing behaviors.
This policy applies to both online/virtual and offline collection, storage, processing, and transfer of Personal Information. However, certain Sites or services may be subject to additional privacy policies or privacy disclosures relating to the services provided on the Site(s) collectively referenced as “Additional Policies.“
Various types of Data (Information) are collected through our Sites and other websites where you can express interest in our services, through our mobile applications, via email, over Live Chat, the phone and also in-person where print materials and digital technology may be used to collect pertinent Information from you. Some Information is collected automatically through various web and Internet technologies, including Social Networking tools used by Institutions to foster communication and collaboration among entities. Information is also collected when you provide such in response to an advertisement, a survey or a request for information (inquiry form); apply for admission or financial assistance; register for classes; order educational or other products and services; set up a Social Network or other Site profile; or use one of our professional and educational development resources, learning assessments or other interactive tools.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with Information we collect about you.
NURU Health Institute will not sell, rent or lease your Personal Information to others. We collect, use and disclose Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide requested services and products
- To respond to inquiries and provide administrative support
- To determine your admissibility and to register you for your selected educational programs
- To contact you regarding your status with the Institute
- To obtain payment for services that are provided
- To provide you with information concerning financial arrangements and other matters concerning funding your education
- To administer promotions in which you have indicated an interest
- For our internal marketing purposes, which include, but are not limited to, sending you material about products, services, updates, etc. that may be relevant to your educational and professional development interests
- For efficient communication and collaboration among both internal and external affiliates of the Institute
- For sharing with our Education Partners or Business Associates who are performing services on behalf of the Institute
- For Online Advertising purposes
- To analyze how Sites and services are being accessed and used
- For the investigation of information security and information asset protection-related incidents
- To test, correct and improve Site content, applications, and services
- To develop new applications, products, and services
- To improve Site and service performance, user experience and delivery
- To prevent potentially illegal activities (including illegal downloading of copyrighted materials per the Institute’s Copyright Infringement Policy)
- To investigate suspicious information that denotes illicit activities such as financial fraud
- To analyze instructional and learning outcomes
- For research and assessments done by accrediting Entities
- To maintain educational and operational records for sufficient periods
- To enforce Institute’s Site Regulations
- To provide to Education Partners, Business Associates or Unrelated Entities in connection with the contemplated or actual reorganization, merger, acquisition, financing, securitization, insuring, sale or other disposal of all or part of the Institute’s business or assets, including for the purposes of determining whether to proceed with such transaction or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to such parties. In the event of any actual reorganization, merger or acquisition, such Information may be transferred as part of the transaction to the acquirer which may be required or permitted by legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, insurance, audit or security requirements applicable to the Institute, NURU Education Enterprises, Education Partners or other Business Associates.
Your Financial Information will be used to provide requested services and products, to analyze operational and industry results, to analyze risk, and to conclude your registration or other transaction you have initiated with NURU Health Institute. Financial information will not be sold, rented or otherwise transferred to an Education Partner, Business Associate or Unrelated Entity outside of these purposes, except in the case of a reorganization, merger or acquisition of shares or assets and as may be required or permitted by legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, insurance, audit or security requirements applicable to NURU Education Enterprises, Education Partners or Business Associates.
All communication sent by the Institute are relevant to the educational objectives as defined on the Site. However, if you do not wish to receive marketing related email communications or direct mail communications from the Institute, you may express your choice where indicated on the applicable email.
If you do not wish to receive marketing telephone calls or mailings, you may express your choice to opt out by emailing the Office of Compliance.
If you do not wish to receive text messages from the Institute concerning marketing purposes, reply STOP ADVERT to cancel future text messages. By sending STOP ADVERT, you agree to one additional confirmation message stating that you've opted out and will no longer receive text messages from NURU Health Institute.
Do Not Track (DNT) and Online Advertising
NURU Health Institute does not by itself respond to web browser-based DNT signals. The Institute and/or Associates may use data collected on this Site for Online Advertising purposes, e.g., for customization purposes as you browse the Site. To understand how browsing behavior on the Site is collected, visit evidon.com for further information.
Other Important Information
We will take commercially reasonable measures to secure and store your Information to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the Information under our control. We utilize industry-standard security measures when accepting your credit card Information during your registration or other transaction you have initiated with the Institute, as well as whenever you use login credentials to access any part of the Institute’s Sites.
If you become a candidate of the Institute, your educational records are administered, in part jurisdiction, within the U.S. federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), state laws, and NURU Health Institute policies.
How to Contact Us
If you want access to or wish to update any of your Personal Information or have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact our Compliance Office at NURUHI.Compliance@nuruhealthinstitute.com or:
NURU Health Institute
Attn: Office of Compliance
7875 NW 57TH STREET #26482
TAMARAC, FL 33321
Administrative Service Center: 844.968.NURU (6878)